New Beginnings!

Today is the start of December- A birthday month! Excited for it as usual like a curious child: Whom to invite?, What to wear? Which games should we play on the day? What food should we include?...blah blah blah! Oh, poor Shweta! Come back to reality still 21 days to go!!

As said and I firmly believe: "You don't live a whole life at once but you live it in a doses, of days" So rather thinking about for whole month, I focused my thoughts on one day at a time! 

So here it's- a new day, a new beginning, a new approach to starting for my attempt! 

1st Dec: "Something unusual happened at Sharma's!"

Something unusual happened- a newspaper in my Dad's hand after coming from his morning walk & home veggie shopping! It's not simply a paper, It's an Indian Express: A paper that can change the faith of a UPSC aspirant! Oh, you might be thinking, this is a normal thing in maximum households but not normal for Sharma's! I bet you!

At my house, paper (a regional one) usually came at night  after papa close his shop. He brings it, which mostly contains regional politics, murders, birthday holders etc. which sometimes I felt useless. For my first attempt, I was using e-paper but the feeling- a hard copy of the paper with hot morning coffee is just amazing! I just missed that for a year as it was hard to find the paper copy (especially the English one) at my place! I pushed my Dad to ask each and every local newspaper wala about it but always the answer is simple "NO".  

But, this time without a push, My Dad simply surprised me by bringing a copy of hard English paper in his hand. My brother was like "Di, finally aa gaya!" It was a great surprise from him, it's not like he doesn't surprise us ever, he does, with my favourite banarasi kulfi or sometimes mitha paan! But today, his efforts to provide me with the newspaper was more than appreciable. 

You should have seen my face at that moment, it's like " a curious kid who just have seen toffee in someone's hand and simply in the head planning to jump for it" I was just feeling the same joy, curiosity to open and read it and want to enjoy that morning hot coffee wali refreshment!

Since that day, My dad brings the newspaper from the stairs and shouts "Beta, paper aa Gaya", still that brings the same joy as 1st day! It just gives a boost to my day! 

In end, that day was special for a starter for being more aware of the surroundings and My Dad just did something as said"unusual" at Sharma's house for the best!

Comments

  1. Indeed a positive step. A great value addition to one's life.

    Cheers!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment